Quartex caters for the needs of libraries and archives in delivering a platform that is easy to implement and intuitive to use. It supports diverse user needs and workflows, and provides a robust and scalable platform solution.
- Developed by editorial and developer teams with experience of creating multiple complex digital collections.
- Supports rich metadata at both asset and image level.
- Created in consultation with leading libraries and archives around the world.
- Dedicated, knowledgeable customer service support provision.
Handwritten Text Recognition (HTR)
- The only platform solution with built-in HTR functionality.
- Cutting-edge artificial intelligence to make all your content discoverable.
- Remarkably high accuracy levels.
- OCR also allows all printed text to be fully searchable.
- An intuitive, out of the box platform.
- Easy ingest of assets and metadata from existing platforms and repositories.
- Supports all image types, as well as audio and video files.
- Bulk uploads possible.
- Allows PDF download and export of images and data in multiple formats.
- Sophisticated navigation, styling and branding options for your websites.
- Responsive front-end design allows full functionality on mobiles and tablets.
- Supports easy addition of editorial content and contextual information.
- Advanced in-platform cataloguing options and support of most metadata standards.
- Allows individual web pages to be edited and independently published.
- Built to comply with WCAG 2.0 AA accessibility standards.
- Utilises a cloud-based hosting solution.
- In-built preservation options for master files.
- Secure data storage through a fully load balanced and scalable cloud-based hosting solution.
- In-platform creation of A/V digital surrogates.
- Features HTTP over Transport Layer Security.
- Optional Two-factor Authentication.
- Support for all browser and software upgrades.
- Tiered access management structure.
- Administrator review of cataloguing progress and collection building.
- Customisable dashboards provide reports on asset type, status and storage.
- Usage statistics: site analytics available for each published collection.
- Digital assets can be published to multiple collections.
- Soft delete and versioning options.
- Supports use of established and bespoke controlled vocabularies and thesauri.
- Search Engine Optimisation makes all published collections discoverable.
- Capacity for full text search across manuscript and printed material.
- Advanced search and filtering capacity.
- IIIF compatible image viewer.
- Cross-platform search functionality.
- Federated search possible across all Quartex-published content.